Ingin DOLLAR GRATI$$$$ ???? Klik disini & Buktikan Sendiri....!!!!!

Chatbox :

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Harry Redknapp Tells David Bentley to Put The Effort In at Tottenham

David Bentley takes on Mikel Arteta

Harry Redknapp has told David Bentley to stop being an entertainer and start being a grafter if he wants to be a hit at Spurs.

The £18million wideman has been a flop at White Hart Lane since getting the move away from Ewood Parkhe demanded last summer.

He is also well out of the England picture even with Theo Walcott injured and Redknapp fears Bentley has been buckling under the weight of expectation.

Speaking ahead of tonight's Carling Cup semi-final second leg at Burnley, the Spurs boss said: "I told him straight. I told him what I thought of him and his performances, what he can do and what he was doing.

"He took it well, took it on board and said, 'Fine, I'll accept that'. He's trained really hard, closed people down and won tackles. He's back to what we saw at Blackburn.

"I followed David's career from Arsenal when they thought he was going to be another Dennis Bergkamp and then on to Norwich on loan.

"We played against them when I was at Portsmouth and David was terrific.


Advertisement - article continues below »
Apple Blowout Sale

GREAT DEAL! LaCie Big Disk Extreme 1TB NOW only $183.94!


"And then on to Blackburn and he was fantastic there. That's why he got into the England squad and teams wanted to buy him.

"If he gets back to that, which I'm sure he will do after having a chat with him. He knows now and I think you'll see a different boy.

"Spurs have been great, they have a great tradition and have had fantastic players. But whether David thought, 'As I'm coming to Tottenham, maybe I have to be a bit more entertaining - a flick, a bit more fancy..'

"He wasn't working as hard as he had in the past. But now I think he'll get back to that and with the great skill he has got I'm hoping we'll see the best of David."

Redknapp confirmed Ben Alnwick will start in goal tonight at Turf Moor.

Spurs lead 4-1 from the first leg but first-choice keeper Gomes is injured and Alnwick has got the nod over No.2 Cesar.

New £15million signing Jermaine Defoe is set to partner Darren Bent in attack.



comment here Pictures, Images and Photos
( Darren Lewis / Mirror )

No comments:

Your donation will help me to improve the sevice. Thank You.....