Ingin DOLLAR GRATI$$$$ ???? Klik disini & Buktikan Sendiri....!!!!!

Chatbox :

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Love Gunning for Goals in Donetsk

PFC CSKA Moskva's prolific striker Vágner Love has been in the Talk Football chatroom fielding uefa.com users' questions. The UEFA Cup's leading marksman spoke about his side's prospects of building on their 1-0 advantage in the Round of 16 second leg against FC Shakhtar Donetsk tonight, as CSKA attempt to take another step towards emulating their trophy success of 2005. The 24-year-old also discussed his own chances of beating Jürgen Klinsmann's record of 15 goals in a single campaign, as well as his 2010 FIFA World Cup hopes with Brazil.

John O'Hara: How do you rate CSKA's chances going into the second leg against Shakhtar?

Vágner Love: We could have been going to Ukraine with a bigger advantage as we missed a few decent opportunities in the first leg. That said, I reckon we still have a pretty good chance of going through as we did not concede at home. No disrespect to Shakhtar, but we are confident that we can handle our away matches well, as we showed against Aston Villa.


chernoff23: I'm a Shakhtar fan but I also love CSKA. Have you any friends among Shakhtar's Brazilians and what do you know about Shakhtar?

Vágner Love: They are a good side that has played in the Champions League quite often in recent years, and they defeated Tottenham Hotspur in the UEFA Cup. I don't have much contact with the Brazilians there but Ilsinho and I were team-mates at youth level at SE Palmeiras and we talk on the phone sometimes. We haven't said much since our teams were paired, though.


Sergey Tsupka: What are CSKA's chances of repeating the success of 2005 when you won the UEFA Cup?

Vágner Love: I know there are a lot of good sides left in the competition but I don't see any reason why CSKA should not be considered among the favourites to lift the cup in May. We may not have star players but we have been playing well and 2005 is further evidence that people would be foolish to underestimate us. Let's also remember that everybody was saying that AC Milan were the favourites this year. They are only worrying about domestic issues now.

Cepera: What would it mean to beat Jürgen Klinsmann's record of 15 goals in a UEFA Cup season?

Vágner Love: I am aware of Klinsmann's record – it is something that has always seemed unbeatable. It would be fantastic to match or exceed it, and I reckon I am capable of doing it. However, winning the trophy is the ultimate goal and it won't be enough just to finish as the top scorer or break the rec

Advertisement - article continues below »

Football Manager Live


John Ferry: What are your lasting memories when you think back to the 2005 UEFA Cup final?

Vágner Love: There are a couple of fond memories. It was quite an achievement for us to win the cup in 2005 – it was the first time a Russian team had won a major trophy in Europe so it was also quite amazing. Sporting Clube de Portugal were convinced the cup would be theirs – in fact, I can still remember hearing the press and some Sporting directors basically saying they were already champions. I made sure I translated everything to my CSKA colleagues to spur them on.

Ulas Gursat: What do you think about your new boss, Zico; do you think it's an advantage for you to work with a Brazilian coach?

Vágner Love: The advantage is that Zico was a legendary player who has got a lot to teach everybody. Obviously, the fact we speak the same language helps but the main point is how much experience he has to offer. It's still quite thrilling to see him on the bench. I grew up admiring his style.

Charles Mbuya: What is so special about Russia to keep you there for such a long time?

Vágner Love: I'm happy at CSKA and the club has been really good to me, but if a proposal came from a club in a more prestigious league and it was interesting both for me and for the club, I would not see a problem in moving on. The life of a footballer is one of challenges and I would like to play in Spain, Italy or England one day.

Parshin Eduard: How do you like Russia?

Vágner Love: It's a nice country and the people are very passionate about football. Maybe the weather sometimes isn't so pleasant, but I don't think it is an excuse for a player to underperform. In my case, I was brought up in Bangu, in Rio de Janeiro, so I don't complain too much about the cold weather. I also like when we play outside Moscow, because CSKA have a lot of fans around the country.

Thomas: With so many good forwards in the Brazil team, what do you think of your chances of making it to the 2010 World Cup?

Vágner Love: I think I have done enough to show I have something to add to the squad and I just hope coach Dunga is aware of that. All I can do is keep working hard for my team and wait. I believe that the rewards will eventually come.

Marcela Alvarenga: Do you think the fact you play in a league that is not as high profile as Spain, England or Italy, for example, will affect whether Dunga calls you up or not?

Vágner Love: Dunga has called up players based in eastern European leagues before so I don't think it is a massive problem. He has said it would never prevent him from calling one of us.

Vitalik: Your dribbling is phenomenal and you are my favourite CSKA player. What inspires you the most before each game?

Vágner Love: Thank you! As soon as the team talk finishes I put my headphones on and listen to a lot of Brazilian music to get me pumped up. From samba to the more unknown genres like axé.



Comment Back Myspace Comments
( UEFA )

No comments:

Your donation will help me to improve the sevice. Thank You.....