Ingin DOLLAR GRATI$$$$ ???? Klik disini & Buktikan Sendiri....!!!!!

Chatbox :

Monday, April 13, 2009

Fernando Keeping His Feet on the Ground


Manchester United FC's playing staff were quick to praise FC Porto's attacking ability following last week's 2-2 draw at Old Trafford in the first leg of their UEFA Champions League quarter-final, but perhaps the key to the visitors' impressive display was the contribution of a hitherto unheralded 21-year-old Brazilian defensive midfielder.


Ferreira praise
Loaned to CF Estrela da Amadora last season, Fernando has grabbed his chance following Paulo Assunção's summer departure to Club Atlético de Madrid, with the former Vila Nova FC player even earning praise from Jesualdo Ferreira, a coach usually loth to singling out players. "As you all know already, I don't like to talk about individuals, but seeing the way Fernando and [Aly] Cissokho played against United at Old Trafford in a Champions League quarter-final gave me great pleasure," said the 62-year-old.

Advertisement - article continues below »


Ronaldo stopped
For his part, Fernando admits to having been thrilled by the "positive comments" surrounding his performance, revealing the same humility in conversation that makes him approach every ball as if it were the most important of his career. "Of course I'm happy with all the praise I've received," explained the former Brazilian Under-20 international. "I knew we were going to face very difficult opponents and I tried to start the game very focused. I think we managed that. Despite the result, it's not over. Manchester United will travel to the Estádio do Dragão with the aim of winning and we'll have to be ready. Cristiano Ronaldo is a great player, but I was very humble and didn't hesitate for a second. If you don't play like that then Ronaldo can make all the difference.

'Even more confident'
"I'm pleased with the kind words of my coach, but that won't give me extra motivation to work," continued Fernando. "I'm always fully motivated because I'm at a great club. My main goal is to keep working hard in order to improve my game." Ferreira feels that same attitude will take the team far between now and the end of the season, with Porto also going strongly in the Portuguese Liga after keeping themselves four points clear with Saturday's 3-0 win over Estrela. "Some of the players are improving by the day and that's why we feel even more confident," stated Ferreira. "I have a lot of belief in this team and in our work. Our fans can rest assured that we will do everything in our power to get the job done."



Comment Back Myspace Comments
( Nuno Tavares / UEFA )

No comments:

Your donation will help me to improve the sevice. Thank You.....