Ingin DOLLAR GRATI$$$$ ???? Klik disini & Buktikan Sendiri....!!!!!

Chatbox :

Friday, June 19, 2009

Liverpool's Gerrard says may Retire in 2013


PARIS - Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard said he may retire when his contract ends in four years.

"I will be 33 at the end of my contract in 2013 and I don't know if I will go beyond," England midifielder Gerrard was quoted as saying in Tuesday's France Football magazine.

The 29-year-old, who began his professional career at Anfield in 1998 and signed a two-year extension to his deal in April, has often been courted by Liverpool's main rivals but said he wanted to remain a one-club man.

"If I do retire, then I will know that from the start to the end of my career I only had one club," he said. "And I don't want to think about wearing any other shirt in the future."

Advertisement - article continues below »


Gerrard, who has made nearly 500 appearances for Liverpool, enjoyed one of his best seasons last term, scoring 24 goals as the Anfield club pushed champions Manchester United all the way to the penultimate week of the season in the title race.

With Liverpool setting a new points record of 86 for Premier League runners-up and having a goal difference of plus 50, Gerrard believes next season could be the year they end their long wait for a league title, dating back to 1990.

"I believe the experience of defeat we felt last season will be useful to us next term," said Gerrard, who won the Champions League in 2005 but is still missing a Premier League title.

"The team has greatly improved over the last year or so. Today we are much closer to winning the title than we've been in the past," he added on Liverpool's website (www.liverpoolfc.tv).

Comment Back Myspace Comments
( Reuters )

No comments:

Your donation will help me to improve the sevice. Thank You.....