Ingin DOLLAR GRATI$$$$ ???? Klik disini & Buktikan Sendiri....!!!!!

Chatbox :

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wayne Rooney has Proved He's Manchester United's Perfect 10

English Premier League:

Handicap

Wigan vs Manchester United

1 1/2 : 0

Over / Under 2 1/2
Wayne Rooney (Pic:Getty)

Wayne Rooney believes he is on course to become the complete player - after perfecting the art of defence as well as attack.

Rooney has been forced to curb his natural attacking instincts many times this term, with Sir Alex Ferguson choosing to deploy him in a wider role on the left.

The Manchester United star still has 20 goals - three short of his best-ever haul - despite playing in a more defensive position which has curtailed his scoring chances.

And although Rooney said his favourite position is as an orthodox striker, the England forward admitted his new job had ultimately made him a better player.

"I've really enjoyed this season and it's been good experience for me to play in different positions," said 23-year-old Rooney.

"But defending is difficult at times. Sometimes you can lose your concentration for one second and the full-back will run past you.

"Or something will happen that will cost you a goal, so you have to make sure you're always concentrating 100 per cent.

"Some days you enjoy it, and some days it's not so good. I've always said that playing up front - obviously with two up - is my favourite position.

"But I'll play wherever I'm asked, and playing different positions does help you to understand the game better, which can help you a lot.

"I certainly don't think I would have been able to play such a disciplined role two or three years ago.

"This season I also haven't gone too many games without scoring. I've been more consistent, which is what I've been trying to do." While Cristiano Ronaldo's goalscoring exploits mean he routinely grabs the glory, the work-rate and industry of team-mates such as Rooney provides him with the platform for the spotlight.

Rooney's success down the left side, which he has occupied both in Europe and the Premier League, is likely to see him continue there tonight against Wigan.

Victory for United at the JJB Stadium would leave Fergie's men needing only a point against Arsenal at Old Trafford on Saturday to clinch a third straight title and an 18th in all.

And the impressive way Rooney has adapted is likely to see him utilised out wide in the Champions League Final a fortnight today.

Advertisement - article continues below »

That means being entrusted with the task of trying to stop Barcelona's creative genius Lionel Messi, arguably the best player in the world.

Rooney laughed off comparisons with Messi, claiming he does not possess unique dribbling his unique dribbling ability - but said he relished the challenge of their head-to-head battle.

"Messi's an unbelievable player," he said. "Probably one of the best ever, and it'll be great to play against him." Ji-Sung Park is set to be restored to the United line-up at Wigan, but is refusing to accept he will start the Champions League Final, despite Fergie's assurances that he will.

Park was devastated a year ago in Moscow when Fergie left him out of United's 18-man squad against Chelsea, admitting it was one of his hardest-ever calls as a manager.

After playing such a key role in the semifinal win over Arsenal, Fergie said Park would not suffer a repeat disappointment.

But Park said he would not believe his boss until he sees his name on the team-sheet in Rome ahead of kick-off against Barca on May 27.

"If I play in Rome it would be great because I didn't play last season," said Park.

"But you don't know. There are two weeks left yet.

"I've never lost the belief that I would play in a Champions League Final. I knew we could get there.

Now we're back, I just hope it's different for me this time.

"But I won't believe anything until the night. Up until then I will still be proving myself on the pitch.

"I have heard and read that the manager has said I should be OK for the Champions League Final - but he hasn't said anything to me."


Comment Back Myspace Comments

( David Mcdonnel / Mirror )

No comments:

Your donation will help me to improve the sevice. Thank You.....